Itoshima is renowned for its Oyster Huts, where you can savor local oysters and a variety of seafood at fishing ports from October through March. The operators of these Oyster Huts are looking to extend their seasonal offerings and are eager for feedback from the international community residing nearby.
We’re recruiting seven individuals to join us. Although this is an unpaid opportunity, participants will enjoy a unique tour of the fishing village and a traditional soy sauce brewery, topped off with a delicious seafood barbecue meal. Additional details are as follows:
Date: Friday, September 29
Meeting Time: 10:00 am
Meeting Location: JR Chikuzen-maebaru Station (North exit side)
End Time: 2:00 pm
End Location: JR Chikuzen-maebaru Station (North exit side)
– Transportation via mini-van between JR Chikuzen-maebaru Station and the fishing village
– Guided walking tour of the fishing village and a traditional soy sauce brewery
– A full-course seafood barbecue meal, featuring a focus on locally caught seafood
– Transportation cost to and from JR Chikuzen-maebaru Station is NOT included.
– Must be 20 years old or older
– Seafood enthusiasts with an open palate
– Willing to provide insightful feedback through a short written survey
– Open to all nationalities (except Japanese), all ages, and all genders
– Couples are welcome, but each individual must apply separately
– Agreeable to the use of photos and video taken during the event for reporting purposes, as well as potential inclusion on our website and social media platforms
If you meet these criteria and are interested in participating, please fill out this form.
Application deadline: September 15. Only those accepted will be contacted.